Open Call for 3 student sponsorships to attend Space Week at MIT
Space Week at MIT is back and MIT Portugal will give you the opportunity to join a celebration of space exploration writ-large.
MPP is providing a student sponsorship of up to $1,500.00 USD for 3 Portuguese university students to attend the 2023 Space Week at MIT, from 15-17 March. If you are a graduate student (MSc or PhD Student), you are eligible to apply for this opportunity. The application is open until February 16th at 5:00 pm (Lisbon time).
Space Week activities:
Beyond the Cradle
MIT Space Exploration Initiative and Aurelia Institute
March 15, 2023
MIT Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics
March 16, 2023
New Space Age Conference
MIT Sloan School of Management / Space Industry Club
March 17, 2023
The sponsorship will be awarded on a competitive basis for eligible students attending Portuguese universities. Only graduate student (MSc or PhD Student), are eligible for the sponsorship.
How to apply?
The application platform is hosted by the SlideRoom platform and can be directly accessed here: https://mitportugal.slideroom.com/#/permalink/program/71206
Applications may only be submitted via the SlideRoom platform.
To prepare and submit your application, you need to register for a SlideRoom account. When registering, please pay attention to the contact details you list, as they will be used to send you notifications, results, and other communications about Space Week. To access the application form, please visit the above link and click on the button “Apply Now.” Login to your SlideRoom account or register to begin the application.
The application form is always available to view and edit until the due date, and before you submit the application. As soon as you submit your application, you will not be able to un-submit or make any changes.
Students applicants must submit the following documents:
- Your curriculum vitae (CV/resume). If you are working or studying in Portugal, your CV must be created on the CiênciaVitae platform.
- An identification document (ID card, passport)
- Proof of enrollment in the university for this academic year or a degree completion proof (if you already obtained a degree)
- A motivation letter
- A recommendation letter
- Short video
Please note: The application must be submitted in English.
Student Sponsorship Rules
- Students supported by this sponsorship of up to $1,500.00 USDare exempt from paying any registration fees;
- By applying for this sponsorship, you commit to submitting a 2-page trip summary (activities report) and photographs upon completion of the events;
- Travel subsidies are reimbursements provided AFTER you have completed the Space Week events and submitted your trip summary;
- Reimbursement will be made via a bank transfer;
- In order to ensure that you will receive your student subsidy:
- Email MIT firstname.lastname@example.org the proof of purchase of a round-trip ticket to Boston, showing your name as the passenger and travel dates;
- The round-trip ECONOMY flight ticket in your name, within the specified date range, is absolutely required;
- In addition to the ECONOMY-ONLY flight ticket, you may submit your hotel/lodging receipt as long as it reflects the same name and is for the timeframe of Space Week (March 15 – 17, 2023, + 1 day before and/or after the event)
- You may also submit food and local transportation receipts (Uber, taxi, MBTA pass) but note that the sponsorship reimbursement has a MAXIMUM of $1,500.00 USD.
By applying for student sponsorship, we will be collecting personal data about you. This data will only be used for the purpose of awarding the Student Sponsorship for attending SPACE WEEK at MIT. It will not be sold, shared, or made public in any circumstance.
By filling out the form and sending the support documentation you agree that we will process your data this way. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.