2022 @PT Call for Exploratory Proposals
Call Closed! Applications are now under evaluation!
The MIT Portugal Partnership 2030 (MPP2030) is inviting submissions for the 2022 Call for Exploratory Research Projects between October 11th and November 17th, at 17:00 Lisbon time.
For the 2022 call for Exploratory Research Project, we are seeking collaborative proposals in 5 thematic areas:
- Climate Science & Climate Change
- Earth Systems: Oceans to Near Space
- Digital Transformation in Manufacturing
- Sustainable Cities
- Data Science
This is the third call for Exploratory projects launched under the third phase of the Program that started in 2018 ( MIT Portugal Partnership 2030) and funded by the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia (FCT).
The call aims to support R&D projects framed into Exploratory Research Projects (PeX) type. These projects are scientific or technological research projects that explore ideas or concepts with significant originality and/or innovative potential.
The PeX should adopt a research theme in one of the emerging areas of the MIT Portugal Program that can be identified as a future research area.
The application should aim to develop research activities between Portuguese universities and the MIT towards the development of intelligent solutions, promoting knowledge/research value, promoting the sustainable thinking, integrating human factors and technology, and stimulating multidisciplinary approaches.
All applications must fully comply with the terms of reference defined in the “Terms of Reference for the MIT Portugal Program – 2022 Call for Proposals” document.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The call is open to all faculty and researchers affiliated or collaborating with Portuguese institutions of higher education and research, whose proposals include the collaboration of faculty and research from MIT.
The following non-entrepreneurial Portuguese entities of the R&I are individual or co-promotion beneficiaries:
- Higher education institutions, their institutes and R&D units;
- State or international Laboratories with head office in Portugal;
- Non-profit private institutions whose main objective is R&D activities;
- Other non-profit private and public institutions developing or participating in scientific research activities.
FUNDING AND DURATION
Total funding for Portuguese institutions is limited to a maximum of € 400.000 (four hundred euros) with up to 50.0000 € (fifty thousand euros) for each of the selected projects for the intended project duration of 1 (one) year.
A maximum of 8 (eight) exploratory projects are expected to receive funding through the current call.
Research activities of participating MIT research teams will not be covered by these funds.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Before submitting a proposal, applicants are advised to read all the documents of the call, namely: the FCT Projects Regulation, the Guidelines for Proposals Writing (PT), the Terms of Reference for the Exploratory Research Projects Call for Proposals 2022, the Guide for Peer Reviewers, CIÊNCIAVITAE Guide and the Ethics Self-Assessment Guide.
Please note that the information provided in this page does not exempt you from reading the official announcement and all the call documentation, available on the FCT’s website.
– Application open: 11 October, 2022
– All submissions due by: 17 November 2022, at 17:00 Lisbon time
– Declaration Commitment until: 02 December 2022, at 17:00 Lisbon time
1 (one) year
- 50 k€/project only for Portuguese participating parties
- Funding for the MIT research team participating in the project will be provided directly by MIT through the Call for Seed Projects held at MIT.
- be led by a research group from an institution listed under Section 2 of this call [ENG] [PT];
- have the participation of a MIT researcher (with Principal Investigator status) in the project’s Research Team.
– Notice of the Call [ENG] [PT]
– Terms of reference
– FCT’s Project Regulations
– CIÊNCIAVITAE Guide
– Ethics Self Assessment Guide
– Application Guide [PT]
– Guide for Peer Reviewers
– FCT platform
– MIT Portugal Strategic Areas
– Regulation for Research Studentships and Fellowships (Law n.o 40/2004 of 18 August, in its present version)
– Principal Investigator Status
– FCT guidelines for the submission of on-line applications
Please contact the MIT Portugal Program at firstname.lastname@example.org (for inquires of a scientific nature) and email@example.com (for specific information related to application submission).