Research that impacts society
MIT Portugal Program Student Poster Award 2023
*** Poster submission is now closed ***
The MIT Portugal Program (MPP) invites Portuguese and MIT students to submit a poster showcasing their work in one of the strategic research areas of MPP (Climate Science & Climate Change; Earth Systems: Oceans to Near Space; Digital Transformation in Manufacturing; Sustainable Cities; Data Science) to be presented at the 2023 annual conference, at Altice Forum, in Braga, Portugal.
MPP will award the five best posters, one in each research category, with a US$ 300 prize.———————————–
Who can apply?This poster competition is open to:
- PhD students with an MPP-FCT PhD Scholarship (i.e., 2020; 2021 and 2022 Call), and
- MIT and Portuguese students that are part of an existing MPP research project (flagship project, exploratory project, or seed project).
Selection of the Awardees
All Portuguese students who submit a poster will be invited to join the 2023 annual conference, on September 22, in Braga, to present their poster. MPP will reimburse travel costs for all Portuguese PhD students with an MPP-FCT PhD Scholarships. Details regarding eligible reimbursement expenses will be sent by email after the call is closed.
Selected MIT students will receive support to travel to Portugal to join the conference and present their poster. The selected MIT students will be notified of this decision by email by the end of August.
The 5 winners will be announced, and prizes awarded during the 2023 annual conference.
How to apply?Please read this section carefully before submitting your Poster.
- Applications should be submitted via http://mitportugal.mit.edu from July 17th – August 2nd.
- Only one poster submission per student.
- Prepare your poster using the Program’s template:– For PhD Students with MPP- FCT Scholarship – For students as part of an existing MIT Portugal Program research project (seed; exploratory; flagship)
- Please note: it is mandatory to follow the Program’s poster template to have your poster printed at the conference venue.
- The poster should not exceed one page in size and should be in portrait orientation.
- Language on poster must be in English
- Submit in .PDF format.
- Files must be smaller than 10MB in size (Adobe Acrobat Pro or free online services should be used to reduce the PDF file size)
- Optional: you will be able to insert a link to a (Youtube or another platform) video on the website platform to support your presentation.
- Poster submission: between July 17 – August 2nd (extended deadline), 2023
- Announcement of the 5 winners: September 22, 2023, at the Annual Conference